Pennsylvania’s own Tigers Jaw and Modern Baseball performed March 1 at Flux along with fellow punk band Sun. The show was reportedly very close to selling out, making the already small Intercultural Center basement even tinier. That being said, it really brought some energy to the concert, especially in the front and center. From my […]
Tag Archives | punk
The Gaslight Anthem thrashed the stage of the Electric Factory Nov. 27 amid a full house of fans. The five-piece act from New Brunswick, N.J., was supported by Chester County native Matthew Ryan and punk band The Menzingers from Scranton, Pa. A soft, ambient chord, surrounded by gritty, desperate vocals brought the crowd together at […]
When you’re one of the biggest bands from the ’90s, the golden age of alternative music, and you’re staging a comeback in 2012, it’s helpful not to look your age. Luckily, No Doubt has lead singer Gwen Stefani, the ageless Marilyn Monroe-esque ska punk rocker who looks just as good today as she did when […]
To promote an upcoming album, some bands do press junkets, make television appearances and star in Target commercials. But that’s not very rock ’n’ roll compared to say a massive meltdown during an iHeartRadio set in Las Vegas. That’s what Green Day’s Billy Joe Armstrong decided to do when his band’s set was cut short […]
To all you alternative rock and punk rock fans out there: I want you to think back to your middle school and high school days. Music was a big deal. The type of music you listened to helped determine your social standing in school. Well, I’m sure all of you listened to Yellowcard, thus making […]
Almost a quarter of 2012 has passed by, and so far the year has been generous with new album releases. The end of winter also means an overwhelming amount of spring tours. Here are some bands with new records that will be stopping in Philadelphia in the coming months. Dry the River — “Shallow […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...