For the first time in the 75-year history of the decorated Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta, the host program took home the title. The Drexel Dragons, defending their home Schuylkill River, captured their first overall team title in the long history of the prestigious regatta. The grand event, held May 10-11, pitted Drexel against some of [...]
Tag Archives | rowing
The Drexel crew teams had another successful weekend on the Schuylkill River, as the men’s and women’s teams won the Bergen Cup and Kelly Cup, respectively, April 27. It marked the second straight season that the Dragons won both regattas, which pit Philadelphia programs against each other. Joining Drexel on the river were La Salle [...]
It was a big weekend on the Schuylkill River, as the Drexel crew teams defended their local river well. The Dragons captured seven gold medals April 20 at the Kerr Cup Regatta. The men’s varsity eight headlined the long list of Drexel winners. It marked the third consecutive year that the varsity eight won the [...]
The Drexel University men’s and women’s crew teams both had strong performances at the 2013 Knecht Cup April 13 and 14 in Cherry Hill, N.J. A total of 11 boats reached the final day of competition for the Dragons. The men performed at a high level as the varsity eight, second varsity eight and novice [...]
Both the Drexel University men’s and women’s crew teams had strong showings in their last three competitions. Drexel advanced six boats to the finals March 30 at the 2013 Murphy Cup Regatta in Cherry Hill, N.J. The teams had a week between competitions before they took to the Schuylkill River April 6 for races against [...]
Something has been lost in the disappointing 2-6 start for the Drexel men’s basketball team. Samme Givens graduated last year, and Chris Fouch is lost for the season, which sure has given us a lot to talk about in the midst of the team’s early-season struggles. Still, we fully expect our Dragons to bounce back. [...]
One of Drexel’s very own will represent the great red, white and blue in the 2012 Olympics in London. Rowing alumnus Stephen Kasprzyk (class of 2005), along with the United States men’s eight boat, surpassed New Zealand and France during the Olympic qualifiers to earn a spot in the games. In order to secure a [...]
Drexel University’s crew teams competed in what was scheduled to be their last regatta of the season May 31 through June 2, during which the men’s varsity eight took seventeenth place at the Intercollegiate Rowing Association National Championship Regatta. The IRA Championships, hosted on the Cooper River in Cherry Hill, N.J., feature some of the [...]
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers aren’t the only ones scoring an abundance of goals these days. In the two Drexel University women’s lacrosse games this week, sophomore midfielder Amanda Norcini scored five goals and was named Drexel co-Athlete of the Week along with the men’s second varsity eight boat. “To receive this recognition is [...]
After battling leukemia for several years and undergoing double hip replacement surgery, Drexel freshman Kerry Walsh competed as a coxswain in the women’s varsity boat in the Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta May 13. Paul Savell, head coach of the Drexel varsity men’s and women’s rowing team, asked Walsh to step in as coxswain for the [...]
- OK Go rocks Spring Jam in the rain May 24, 2013
- Service honors Drexel military May 24, 2013
- W. soccer looks to take next step May 24, 2013
- EnviroWeekly | Local pizzeria has vegan options May 24, 2013
- M. soccer finalizes crucial recruiting class May 24, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- mememine69: If you love the planet you will insist that the sc...
- Vincent Gray: Considering how good things looked before the albu...
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...