You can just imagine the scene. College baseball players are gathered around, maybe in the dugout or maybe after a long and hard-fought game to end their season. Their uniforms are probably dirtied and grass-stained, smudged eye-black on both cheeks. Instead of the manager walking in to go through the customary postseason speech that says […]
Tag Archives | SAFAC
The student-run Drexel Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee is supporting the implementation of three campuswide concerts this year with the creation of The Dragon Concert Series Committee. The new committee will continue the existing concert traditions of Homecoming and Spring Jam, as well as add a new concert to the DAC Pack’s Midnight Madness event, […]
Dear Editor, Due to generous funding provided by the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee, The DAC Pack is happy to announce that three large-scale concerts will take place this upcoming school year on Drexel University’s campus! The Dragon Concert Series Committee, under the direction of Student Life, has been created to assist with planning and […]
Last week we discussed a few of the administrative problems that students have run up against in managing their organizations’ finances. This week we start digging into what happened with Student Activity Fee allocations this year. Based on the research we’ve done so far, it would appear that SAFAC’s criteria for allocations changed somewhat significantly […]
Following up on complaints from student organization leaders, The Triangle reached out to the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee for comment this week. Nicholas Gomersall, outgoing vice-chair of SAFAC, responded in an email on behalf of the committee. SAFAC is a group of students responsible for allocating funds from the undergraduate Student Activity Fee to […]
Drexel’s Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee, which has been criticized by student groups for providing poor customer service, has recently gained a new coordinator in Casey Sharkey. SAFAC’s purpose is to allocate the $150 annual student activity fee that each Drexel undergraduate is charged as part of the tuition bill. Sharkey, who has previously served […]
Student Activity Fund allocations for the 2011-12 fiscal year were released this week, and murmurs of discontent have spread throughout the student body. Between most organizations receiving a smaller budget than last year and some clubs receiving little to no funding due to asinine reasons, it’s no wonder club leaders are in a foul mood. […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...