Last season, Drexel’s Frantz Massenat was named the men’s basketball Colonial Athletic Association Preseason Player of the Year. Coming into his own as the best player on a team “destined” for the postseason, big things and increased production were expected from the point guard. During the year, Massenat took 43 more shots than he did […]
Tag Archives | samme givens
Eighteen months and 10 days ago, the Drexel men’s basketball team had a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament. It was an extremely realistic chance if you ask any of the college basketball analysts who wrote articles the next day about the Dragons being snubbed from going dancing. Alas, the 2011-12 men’s basketball team […]
On the front page of the Drexel University Dragons’ website, there is a new YouTube video. The two-minute compilation encompasses the wide variety of athletes and teams that make up the athletic program with a central message: “I am a Dragon.” It is a video geared toward incoming students, alumni and current students, meant to […]
Drexel freshman guard Damion Lee goes up for a shot at the DAC during the Dragons 68-48 win over Georgia State Jan. 25. From Feb. 13, 1988 until Feb. 4, 1989, the University of Richmond Spiders, then members of the Colonial Athletic Association, won 17 consecutive regular-season conference matchups. That is the CAA’s longest standing […]
Since his arrival in the 2008-09 Drexel basketball season, now-senior Samme Givens has contributed as a force of extreme dominance for the men’s team. As he steps into his fourth and final year, he will leave behind nothing short of a remembered and honored collegiate career. Head Coach James “Bruiser” Flint made a strategic move […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...