On Oct. 29, Israel released 26 Palestinian prisoners: 21 to the West Bank and five to the Gaza Strip. The release is the second of four being made by Israel in an attempt to bring the Palestinian Authority back to peace negotiations. While these prisoners were welcomed by their families as heroes, let’s not forget […]
Tag Archives | security
After all these years, is it still worth it? Our ancestors began a great political experiment: commoners who rule themselves. They believed that the volatile masses have the right to think what they want and say what they think. These unconventional freedoms and powers are rightfully celebrated because they are, more than anything else, what […]
In the years since the September 11 attacks, the federal government has taken measures to make the public feel secure against terrorism. Monday’s bombings should serve as a tragic reminder of just how vulnerable we are as a country. The security measures put in place after 9/11 did their job: they gave us back our […]
Campus safety has constantly been an issue that Drexel has been able to master successfully despite the University’s location in one of the United States’ most dangerous cities. Security magazine ranked Drexel third nationally in public safety in November 2012. The emergency booths found on every block and the readily available Public Safety force contribute […]
Drexel University’s Department of Public Safety was ranked the third best in the nation by Security magazine’s annual Security 500 report released Nov. 1. Rising three places from a sixth-place ranking in 2011, this marks the third consecutive year that Drexel has placed in the top 10. Drexel is one of only two universities in […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...