Coming off their first double victory of the season against Howard University two weeks earlier, the Drexel University men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams traveled Feb. 2 to Bethlehem, Pa., to take on the Lehigh University Mountain Hawks, whose men’s and women’s teams came into the contest with 3-3 and 1-4 records on the […]
Tag Archives | Swimming & Diving
The inevitable events that take place, while expected, can still carry surprising results. In sports, winning and losing are among the few absolutes that still exist. While losing is not a desired result by any means, it is one that will happen to any team at one time or another. Yet what happened to the […]
It was a case of deja vu for the Drexel men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams, as they earned a split in their dual meet at Binghamton University Nov. 12. The men’s squad (4-0) won their meet 170-128 while the women’s squad (1-3) lost 194-97. The 42-point margin of victory for the men’s side […]
The Drexel men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams earned a 1-1 split against George Washington at Drexel Pool Nov. 5. The men’s squad improved their record on the season to 3-0 with a 170-110 win, while the women’s squad fell to 1-2 with a 164-98 defeat. The men’s meet had a variety of highlights. […]
Heading into their next meet against George Washington University Nov. 5, the Drexel University swimming and diving teams had opposing results. The Drexel men’s swimming team defeated La Salle University 185.5 to 110.5. A trio of freshman who earned first-place finishes will look to continue their winning ways against George Washington. In the La Salle […]
The men’s and women’s swim teams had a strong meet last weekend, Oct. 22, when they split with La Salle. The men came in off an opening win against Widener and then beat La Salle for the first time in eight tries. The women, who were also coming off a strong opening win at Widener, […]
The Drexel men’s and women’s swim teams get ready for their season opener against Widener University Oct. 19 in Chester, Pa. The team hopes to earn an early win. The Drexel swim team is about to make a splash at their first meet of the 2011-12 season. The Dragons are set to take on Widener […]
Senior forward Christina Mastropaolo received her second consecutive Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year award. She finished her senior year with 14 goals. The 2010-11 Drexel athletic year was filled with ups and downs for Drexel. Through it all, many Dragons proved their worth as top athletes in their respective teams. I sat down […]
Three Drexel athletes were recognized for their academic achievement by the Philadelphia Inquirer May 31. Cole Gindhart and Daniel Zalkind from the men’s swimming team were named to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Academic All-Area Men’s Swimming and Diving Team and women’s swimmer Jessica Csakai was named to the paper’s Academic All-Area Women’s Swimming and Diving Team. […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...