Spanning19 days, the 2012 Summer Olympics brought the best athletes from 204 nations to London to compete in front of a global audience. 85 of those 204 — from Afghanistan to Venezuela — earned a total of 962 medals. Over 10,000 athletes participated in 302 events in 26 different sports. For the fifth consecutive Summer […]
Tag Archives | USA
Douglas Hammond For those who are logic-minded, the current state of the world can, unfortunately, be seen as a function of Europe. The age of decoupling has ended, and the era of globalization has begun. The effect of the EU on the U.S. is quite obvious, and I will give two simple examples from […]
For 19 days this summer, the world’s biggest stage will be in London for the 2012 Summer Olympics. Women’s soccer will kick off the games Wednesday, July 25, men’s soccer follows July 26, and the opening ceremony is scheduled for July 27. The U.K. will be sure to showcase its vast history and pride during […]
Maxwell Balbin A CBS News poll conducted Oct. 19-24 revealed that 57 percent of those polled cited the “economy and jobs” as the “most important problem facing the country today.” Additionally, the Bureau of Labor Statistics news release, dated Oct. 7, 2011, reports that the rate of unemployment among high school graduates is 9.7 […]
Roger McCain The language of “class warfare” has come up in the news lately. Does this make any sense? Antagonism between classes — and sometimes warfare between them — has been prominent in Western civilization from medieval times (and perhaps in all or most other civilizations as well). Before the 19th century the most […]
Shawkat Hammoudeh Fears of a developing sovereign debt crisis in Europe started in late 2009, but the situation became particularly tense in early 2010. Crisis Europe included eurozone members (Greece, Ireland and Portugal) and also some European Union countries from outside the eurozone. In the EU, particularly in countries where sovereign debts have increased […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...