A Drexel graduate student in the digital media program discovered Feb. 11 that he has been accepted to present his narrative review at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in March. Glenn Winters, who is in his third year of the digital media master’s program, won a spot in the GDC Narrative Review for […]
Tag Archives | video games
Video game season, the most wonderful time of the year, has finally arrived! Let’s take a look at a few of the games that will be taking your time and money this fall. “Resident Evil 6” (Oct. 2) The premier survival-horror game from Capcom makes its return this fall in the series’ sixth installment. […]
Under the stage name Lana Del Rey, indie pop’s new princess Elizabeth Grant has been all the buzz over the Internet in the past few months due to her first single, “Video Games,” which took the United Kingdom by storm. Del Rey has already garnered a performance on “Saturday Night Live” before having a song […]
Few developers have found repeated success in a genre the way Rocketcat Games has with their “Hook” trilogy: Hook Champ, Super QuickHook and Hook Worlds. However, the real test for the company is proving they can do more than just grappling hooks. Now, Rocketcat has created Mage Gauntlet, an action-role-playing game that proves this point, […]
Scribblenauts Remix, began as a series for DS, has now been brought to Apple’s iOS. The game now features Game Center integration as well as iCloud. If you’ve followed DS gaming, chances are you’re at least familiar with “Scribblenauts.” 5th Cell’s “write anything” concept ending up spawning two games that garnered quite a loyal following. […]
Last week in Randell Hall Drexel’s game design program hosted Jeremy Lee, a senior producer at Microsoft Game Studios. The theme of this seminar was game production, and Lee was well suited as a speaker due to his vast history with both game production and development. His multifaceted outlook on game production offered various insights […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...