Dining options on Drexel’s campus will expand to make room for Zavino, a pizzeria and wine bar that will open in Chestnut Square. Zavino is one of several restaurants that will be located in the new University-affiliated housing and retail space and begin operations this fall. Zavino, currently situated in Midtown Village on 13th and [...]
Tag Archives | wine
Chardonnay was the first wine I fell in love with. It was simple, just fruity enough, easy to drink and didn’t leave a stain if I accidentally spilled it on my clothes while I worked on sophisticating my swirling techniques. I loved it so much that I decided to branch out and explore a larger variety [...]
Portuguese wines use a blend of indigenous grapes which lends each wine a distinctive aroma and flavor. Winemakers in Portugal have recently began creating sophisticated wines without the expensive price tag. Usually I’m not savvy, trend-seeking, or on the hunt for the next big thing. But when it comes to wine, I’m always on the [...]
What does a 51-year-old woman have in common with her 21-year-old daughter? More than you’d think. At least when it comes to wine. Prior to sharing my passion for wine with my mother, I used to believe that my lust for tannin-rich wines like Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon stemmed from my initial romance with Tempranillo, [...]
Every time I go to my favorite BYOB Japanese restaurant I’m surprised by how afraid people are to drink wine with their sushi and opt for beer instead. I understand, though, as pairing wine and sushi can be very difficult to do. You’ve got a hodgepodge of flavors to work with — a mix of [...]
Vinho Verde, which translates to “green wine,” offers a light, citrusy flavor. Most Americans haven’t heard of Vinho Verde and typically reach for the more popular pinot grigio. Even wine lovers like myself can truly appreciate the revitalizing qualities of a cool, crisp beer every now and then. I used to look forward to coming [...]
As a lover of all shapes, colors and sizes of wine, it’s not often that I have difficulty settling on what to order from the list at my favorite wine bar. But occasionally I do find myself unsure of what I want to drink, and I contemplate what best fits my mood. I could be [...]
I’ll preface this column by claiming that I am not a wine expert; rather, I am a newly minted wine enthusiast following a summer abroad in southern France. The wines described here will be reasonably priced, and they are all available locally. Keep in mind that everyone has a different palate for wine, and thus [...]
- Univ. ends students’ housing contracts June 7, 2013
- Scholarship app simplifies search June 7, 2013
- Dillon signs extension through 2020 June 7, 2013
- Drexel rowing earns 19th place at IRA Regatta June 7, 2013
- Peace is still an option June 7, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Victoria Silvestti: Car accidents are happening frequently these days ...
- David Miller: I Love opera and classical music. What a shining r...
- Gout in ankle: It’s commendable when the servers have an in...
- Jam: Fucking ridiculous post. ...
- technology: Other notable tracks from the project include &ldq...