Dining options on Drexel’s campus will expand to make room for Zavino, a pizzeria and wine bar that will open in Chestnut Square. Zavino is one of several restaurants that will be located in the new University-affiliated housing and retail space and begin operations this fall. Zavino, currently situated in Midtown Village on 13th and […]
Tag Archives | wine
Chardonnay was the first wine I fell in love with. It was simple, just fruity enough, easy to drink and didn’t leave a stain if I accidentally spilled it on my clothes while I worked on sophisticating my swirling techniques. I loved it so much that I decided to branch out and explore a larger variety […]
Portuguese wines use a blend of indigenous grapes which lends each wine a distinctive aroma and flavor. Winemakers in Portugal have recently began creating sophisticated wines without the expensive price tag. Usually I’m not savvy, trend-seeking, or on the hunt for the next big thing. But when it comes to wine, I’m always on the […]
What does a 51-year-old woman have in common with her 21-year-old daughter? More than you’d think. At least when it comes to wine. Prior to sharing my passion for wine with my mother, I used to believe that my lust for tannin-rich wines like Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon stemmed from my initial romance with Tempranillo, […]
Every time I go to my favorite BYOB Japanese restaurant I’m surprised by how afraid people are to drink wine with their sushi and opt for beer instead. I understand, though, as pairing wine and sushi can be very difficult to do. You’ve got a hodgepodge of flavors to work with — a mix of […]
Vinho Verde, which translates to “green wine,” offers a light, citrusy flavor. Most Americans haven’t heard of Vinho Verde and typically reach for the more popular pinot grigio. Even wine lovers like myself can truly appreciate the revitalizing qualities of a cool, crisp beer every now and then. I used to look forward to coming […]
As a lover of all shapes, colors and sizes of wine, it’s not often that I have difficulty settling on what to order from the list at my favorite wine bar. But occasionally I do find myself unsure of what I want to drink, and I contemplate what best fits my mood. I could be […]
I’ll preface this column by claiming that I am not a wine expert; rather, I am a newly minted wine enthusiast following a summer abroad in southern France. The wines described here will be reasonably priced, and they are all available locally. Keep in mind that everyone has a different palate for wine, and thus […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...