Tennis season has returned following its winter break, and both the men and women returned to the courts for Drexel. The men split a pair of weekend contests Jan. 26-27, and the women defeated Lehigh University Jan. 26. The weekend began with the two teams having split results in Bethlehem, Pa. The men got off […]
Tag Archives | Women’s Tennis
Strong showings by the Drexel men’s and women’s tennis teams in recent invitationals have the teams going confidently to ITA Regionals this weekend in New Haven, Conn. Three players for the men’s team (juniors Skyler Davis and Alex Fioravante along with freshman Xavier Saavedra) and two players for the women (juniors Zeynep Mafa and Marcela […]
The Drexel University men’s and women’s tennis teams came into the weekend having played exceptionally well, and they continued their streak of great play at the Hampton Roads Invitational Oct. 5 -7. On the women’s side, Zeynep Mafa advanced to the semifinals in Flight One, and Emma Brook advanced to the semifinals in Flight Two. […]
Talent without consistency in sports is many times what makes or breaks great athletes and teams. Consistency is one of the main things that head coach Mehdi Rhazali has been working on with his Dragons tennis team. Coming off a strong all-around team performance in the opening weekend of their season, Rhazali wanted to see […]
The weekend of Sept. 21 marked the beginning of a new era for Drexel tennis as Mehdi Rhazali completed his first tournament as the new head coach of Drexel men’s and women’s tennis. Coming into the new season, Rhazali expected a lot from his young team, especially with the addition of new assistant coach Kristen […]
A member of the men’s tennis team serves the ball during a singles match in the Drexel Armory. With the loss to the University of Delaware, the men’s four-match winning streak was ended. A pair of winning streaks came to an end for the Drexel University men’s and women’s tennis teams April 7, as both […]
Senior Sonja Stosic hits a forehand in the air. Stosic, along with sophomore Zeynep Mafa and freshman Nicole Pivonka, each defeated their competitors from Wagner University in complete match shutouts at the Drexel Armory March 3. The women’s team is set to take on Towson University March 10 at home. The Drexel University men’s tennis […]
The men’s and women’s tennis teams ended their fall season with a bang. In Lawrenceville, N.J., the Dragons swept Rider 7-0 Oct. 25 in what can only be described as a massacre. As head coach Tricia Udicious said, “It was a total team performance. All three doubles teams looked great, and all six singles played […]
The Dragons of Drexel Tennis kicked off their fall season at the Cissie Leary Invitational this past weekend, Sept. 24-25, and are jumping back into action Sept. 30 for the annual Saint Joseph’s Invitational tournament. The women made a short trip over to the University of Pennsylvania’s campus to get their 2011 fall season underway. […]
Both Drexel’s men’s and women’s tennis squads defeated City 6 foe St. Joseph’s University April 1 and look to close out their seasons strong. The men’s team (6-3, 1-0 Colonial Athletic Association) took down the Hawks dramatically, winning the match 4-3, while the women (7-6, 1-1) won theirs 4-2. “Our matches against St. […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...