In this episode of The Triangle Live, Ajon Brodie catches up with Philly-native singer-songwriter Jesse Ruben before his sold-out performance at World Cafe Live, and discusses his “I Can” initiative. To learn more about Jesse, visit his website at www.JesseRuben.com.
Tag Archives | World Cafe Live
Philadelphia saw its first snowfall of the season Nov. 7, but that didn’t stop Texas natives Green River Ordinance from performing their show at World Cafe Live. “We’re from Texas, where the threat of snow shuts everything down. Snow is different to Green River Ordinance. But we’re glad we’re here,” lead singer Josh Jenkins said. [...]
As a regular concertgoer, I have always hoped that one day I would be able to tell a story about seeing some famous band back when they were young and nobody had heard of them. After seeing Kalob Griffin Band at World Cafe Live June 1, I think I may finally have my story. More [...]
The idea of a band playing two consecutive nights in one city is hardly anything new in the world of music. Most often, bands will do this simply because they are popular and want all of their fans to get a chance to see them perform. Typically, fans choose to attend one show, assuming both [...]
“Never thought we’d make it to this side of the pond,” singer-songwriter Ben Howard said after expressing to the audience how good it felt to address a crowd as “Philadelphia.” Communion’s “Austin to Boston Tour” stopped at World Cafe Live March 27, selling out the upstairs venue. Communion, a record label that started as a [...]
Rachael Yamagata returned to World Cafe Live Oct. 31 after her last Free-At-Noon performance Sept. 30. This time around, Yamagata headlined the performance, with friend and album collaborator Mike Viola as her opening act. About a week and a half prior to the show, Yamagata began her U.S. tour for her new album, “Chesapeake,” which [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...